We all crave easy, healthy and quick breakfasts and with exactly zero time for myself with six month-old twins it’s practically a requirement! Crazy Richard’s was nice enough to send us some of their awesome peanut butter to try, so I put my degree and professional experience (Culinary Nutrition/Food Science) to action and have created recipes that the whole family enjoys. They keep us nourished, healthy and full so that I am not constantly picking at stuff throughout the day.
One of our family’s go-to-recipes for breakfast (and sometimes quick snacks) are smoothies. They’re easy and can generally be whipped up in under 5 minutes. On top of quick and easy to make, it’s also great knowing exactly what I am putting into my body. Here’s a real easy smoothie recipe for four (4). It features some of my all time favorite ingredients! Take a look:
- Crazy Richard’s ® Peanut Butter – it’s nothing but peanuts and 100% delicious
- Greek Yogurt – a nutritious high protein punch
- Chia Seeds – super food loaded with dietary fiber and omega 3 fatty acids
- Strawberries and Blueberries – super fruits loaded with antioxidants.
Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
3 tbsp Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter
1 cup Blueberries, frozen
1 cup Strawberries, frozen
1 cup 2% Milk (or substitute with a plant-based milk)
6 oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt * (6 oz container)
1 tbsp Honey** (optional)
1 cup Crushed Ice
Method of Preparation
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender (Nutribullet, Vitamix or Ninja)
- Cover and blend on high for 25 – 30 seconds
- Serve well chilled and consume with a smile!
What’s your family’s favorite smoothie ingredient? Make sure to let us know in the comments!
** If using this recipe for babies under one year do not use honey.
Latest posts by Jeffery Bernstein (see all)
- 7 Ways to Keep the Common Cold at Bay This Winter - December 12, 2017
- The 10 Best After-Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes That Don’t Scream Leftovers - November 15, 2017
- 5 Super Crazy Leftover Hacks - November 15, 2017