Looking back almost 5 years, I know that there are a lot more than 11 things nobody told us as new parents, but these are the first that come to mind.
My wife and I were talking the other day about everything we had to learn the hard way after our twin boys were born.. Things no one told us. Oh, we had plenty of people giving us advice, and books to look at, and who knows how many websites and blogs to scan. But there are some things that these sources always seem to forget to mention. Here's a list of 11 of those things.
1. Showers are over-rated. And baths are unheard of. Don’t plan on taking a shower for the first 3 months. Will it matter? Of course not, because first of all, you’ll be covered with poop, drool, and spit-up the minute you do. and second, you’re not going anywhere anyway.
2. It takes 87 minutes to watch a 30 minute show. This number can vary, but not much. The extra time is spent checking on strange noises your little one(s) are making if they are under 9 months old, and checking to see why they aren’t making any noise if they are over 9 months old. (This is usually a sign that they are up to no good, and are getting into trouble.) If they are under 3 months old, you shouldn’t be watching T.V., you should be sleeping!
3. If you have twins, their favorite toy will inevitably be the one their sibling has. This is probably true with any kids, not just twins. But more noticeable with multiples because they are the same age, and probably have similar interests….at least for now.
4. Cold food tastes great. No matter how many times I tried having dinner ready at a certain time, it was always pushed back because of something going on with the boys. Even fast food. The reason I say that it tastes great is that there are times that you are...
Click the box below to read 7 more things that no one told us about having twins!
Latest posts by Kevin Zelenka (see all)
- The 8 Things I Won’t Miss Now That My Twins Are Headed to Kindergarten - January 18, 2018
- In Memory of Christopher Lower - December 30, 2017
- Resparking the Magic of Santa - December 16, 2017